Yaesu FT 2900R review

The Yaesu FT-2900R is my second 2 meter radio, and I'm super impressed. I paid $130 for this little gem.

I have been using this radio daily for 5 months, first month as a mobile, and 4 months thereafter as a base unit. Antenna is a 5/8 wave 2 meter unit.
VA3AGV.COM - ANDRE - Amateur Radio - Canada

Good points of this radio...
-Great send and receive audio quality.
-Easy to program, even without the software cable.
-Well built, strong construction.
-Seemingly infinite number of settings to customize this radio are built in.
-Large, easy to read, dimmable display.
-Can display radio internal temperature on screen.
And the list just keeps going.
Not so good points of this radio...
-Factory squelch settings are a bit on the low side but this is easily corrected. Other than that, I have ZERO complaints!
-Heatsink does get very hot when talking on higher power for any length of time, but I think this is to be expected. I installed a 12v cooling fan and the internal temperature sensor never goes over 95 degrees fahrenheit now.

In my view, this radio is GREAT value for the money. I mostly talk within a 50 mile radius and often get comments on how well the rig sounds. I have one frequent contact that lives 25 miles away I they have no trouble hearing me on only 5 watts.

All in all, I absolutely DO recommend this radio.

Buy. https://amzn.to/3eo1HSD


No comments:

Post a Comment

.
Amateur Radio Users Support Group
AmateurRadio@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/AmateurRadio

Yaesu FT-991(A) Users Group (groups.io)
https://groups.io/g/Yaesu-FT-991

www.FT991a.com
www.FTDX10.com
www.FT5DR.com
.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.